Views
Helpful
Replies

802.1p VLAN CoS output change on a 2960X/ME3400

GregMc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.
I'v got a service provider to do some P2P Layer-2 ONLY links for me.

They have a requirement to send traffic to them(the provider) from 1 of my end points using 802.1p.

MTU available is 9100 bytes over the provider link.

The P2P provider will only accept 802.1p traffic using VLAN ID 500 and marked with a fixed Priority Code Point (PCP) CoS value of 5 ( they wont accept traffic unless its 5 ! ).

I will also receive CoS PCP value 5( by default, not that I will care as it will be the only value of the traffic )/VLAN 500 on their link.

The traffic I am passing over the p2p link is 802.11AE(Macsec).

internal network--[Macsec switch]--Untagged--[2960x or ME3400]--VLAN500/CoS-5-->[PROVIDER L2 LINK]--[Provider equipment does tag/untag for me]---untagged traffic--[Macsec switch]--Internal network

I've been looking around at policy/class maps and service-policy, but I'm not sure how to do effectively make a switch ingress untagged traffic on one port and on another port TX/RX vlan with a CoS set and a MTU set to ~9000 bytes as more of a transparent bridge / glorified media converter !!! I also cannot make changes to the macsec capable switches.

I have available on hand a cisco 2960x(v15 current IOS) or a  a cisco ME3400G-2CS(v12 latest IOS).
Any ideas ?

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card