Views
Helpful
Replies

851 Router Config Issue

gingerstu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Hopefully this will be a nice easy one for you all.

I have recently configured and installed an 851 router successfully :) I now only have one issue, the damn thing switches itself off after a period of inactivity!

If I want to use it again I have to issue a reset command then a boot command.

This takes me to the:

router>

prompt. I then have to issue a copy start run command. And then a no shut on each of my interfaces.

Obviously I would just like the router to stay up and running. But I cant work out how to do it. Im sure that this is just a simple config issue and I would dearly love for you all to solve it!

If any of you know the answer can you please provide clear an accurate commands as I will copy it parrott fashion into the router.

Thank you all in advance.

Stuart

4 Replies 4

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

I sense that ur config-register mite be wrong can u check whether its been set as 0X2102 ??

you can check up the same using show version command and the value will be on the bottom of the output.

if you are sure about the register value then do post out the config of the router and also additional monitoring info if u have already done with that..

regds

Thanks for the reply, I will go and have a look a bit later and post back.

regards,

Stuart

Hi sprem,

I have just checked the config register for the router and it is 0xC0.

Hope this makes sense and that you know whats wrong!!

Thanks

Stu

Hello,

as spremkumar already pointed out the config register usually is set to 0x2102. You can reconfigure the register by:

Router#configute terminal

Router(config)#config-register 0x2102

Router(config)#end

Then perform a reload and check whether the config is present after the router finished booting.

Hope this helps! Please rate all posts.

Regards, Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card