Views
Helpful
Replies

887 routing between VLANs?

connor002
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am relatively new to Cisco and to give you an idea of where I am technically, i got my ICND1 earlier this year and just started ICND2.

I have an 887 (887VA-K9 v02 to be exact) and what I'm trying to achieve, although seems very simple is not happening for me. We have an existing cable router acting as DHCP for the 192.168.0.0/24 network and this looks after a number of different devices. At present there is a large wireless system in place and because the existing router cannot cater for class B address we have run out of address space and therefore users are rejected from the wireless network.

In short, I would like to set up DHCP for the wireless network on FA1 with 172.16.0.0/16 and set up FA0 on 192.168.0.0/24 with FA0 routing all of the traffic to our main router but after hours of endless config changes and erases my head is mush!

Any help would be really appreciated!

1 Reply 1

connor002
Level 1
Level 1

So a quick follow up:

I didnt manage to get this sorted but after more investigation I found that the connection over the LAN ports could not provide enough throughput for the network anyway. The speed of the broadband is 150Mb and from what i read, I would start having problems once speeds got beyond 25Mb.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card