cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

891W: Errors during power cycle

Hi all.

During the boot process on this 891W ISR, with IOS 15.2, I get the following during the boot cycle:

9 FastEthernet interfaces

2 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces

1 Serial interface

2 terminal lines

1 Virtual Private Network (VPN) Module

1 cisco Embedded AP (s)

256K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.

250880K bytes of ATA CompactFlash (Read/Write)

%No specific protocol or access-group configured in class inside-outside for ins
pection. All packets will be dropped
%No specific protocol or access-group configured in class self-outside for inspe
ction. All packets will be dropped
%Default route without gateway, if not a point-to-point interface, may impact pe
rformance

%This command has no effect on this line; use modem AT commands instead
% This command has no effect on this line; use modem AT commands instead

The two references to class maps are class maps that match an access list each and these lists are permit ip any any, so I guess IOS doesn't think that'll work or somethingj (but it does).  So no dropped packets.

The reference to the default route is due to the ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 gig0 command, which is a point to point link fortunately, so I imagine no effect thjere.

The class map and this message message only began when I upgraded from 15.0(1)M to 15.2(4)M1. 

The one thing that has been there since purchaasing these 891W routers is those rerferences to modem AT commands.  no Idea what it's talking about.  They've been there since the beginning and haven't affected anything, but it would be nice to know what they are if possible.

Also after going from 15.0 to 15.2, at the end of running-config there used to be an entry for scheduler max-task-time 5000 4000 1000

After the upgrade, I got some error about this command not being compatible or something, reloaded, and then it had changed itself to scheduler interval 500.  I read very briefly about this command and decided I can just remove it entirely, so no scheduler interval 500.

So my questions are:

1.  How to remove the modem AT references

2.  Would doing no scheduler interval 500 do something bad?  I'm not far ino my Cisco knowledge level so currently know nothing about router performance optimization. 

Thanks! 

0 REPLIES 0
Content for Community-Ad