Views
Helpful
Replies

9200 switch abnormal error

Asfandyar70754
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone

about 3-4 of my 9200 switch have shown a abnormal behavior.

Users get disconnected, I am not able to Ssh or tenet the switch. when I am console accessing the switch then I am getting a unusual output:  data pattern error 0 0xff506 in cisco switch

I am attaching screenshot of output.

Can someone tell why I am getting this 

13 Replies 13

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post the complete output to the following commands:

sh version
sh platform software status con brief

I cannot run any command, this is the output I am getting

If no one can access the stack then reboot the entire stack.

Once it comes up, post the output I've requested.  It sounds like you've hit a memory leak bug.  

I have restarted the switch and unfortunately the output is same.

Console into the switch and reboot. 

Post the entire boot-up process.  

I have tried, it is still same I cannot see any thing

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check current software version being used on the involved device(s). If a more recent advisory release is available, then it is advisable to upgrade.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I have a stack of 5 9200l switches. And one of them behaves abnormally only S LED is green and all ports are down. When we console switch is showing only " data-pattern: ERROR @ OXFF51FF80.............." . Even the switch not booting to ROMMON mode. I hope it's a hardware failure case and needs a replacement. Anybody having any advice before RMA.  Note: we can't run any command to get any result on it.

>... Anybody having any advice before RMA.
  - Definitely looks like RMA , last hope methods could for instance be , full power cycle + factory reset , 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I tried to fully power cycle + Factory reset but the issue remains the same. The switch model is 9200l and software v.    17.03.04b. 

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/buy/product-returns-replacements-rma.html

M.

if it not booting in ROMMON mode then RMA is the only option.

jagdish.sharma
Level 1
Level 1

You can try to boot switch in rommon mode by pressing mode & power button. Then you can try to copy latest recommended IOS on switch if it helps.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card