Views
Helpful
Replies

9200 switch abnormal error

Asfandyar70754
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone

about 3-4 of my 9200 switch have shown a abnormal behavior.

Users get disconnected, I am not able to Ssh or tenet the switch. when I am console accessing the switch then I am getting a unusual output:  data pattern error 0 0xff506 in cisco switch

I am attaching screenshot of output.

Can someone tell why I am getting this 

13 Replies 13

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post the complete output to the following commands:

sh version
sh platform software status con brief

I cannot run any command, this is the output I am getting

If no one can access the stack then reboot the entire stack.

Once it comes up, post the output I've requested.  It sounds like you've hit a memory leak bug.  

I have restarted the switch and unfortunately the output is same.

Console into the switch and reboot. 

Post the entire boot-up process.  

I have tried, it is still same I cannot see any thing

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check current software version being used on the involved device(s). If a more recent advisory release is available, then it is advisable to upgrade.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I have a stack of 5 9200l switches. And one of them behaves abnormally only S LED is green and all ports are down. When we console switch is showing only " data-pattern: ERROR @ OXFF51FF80.............." . Even the switch not booting to ROMMON mode. I hope it's a hardware failure case and needs a replacement. Anybody having any advice before RMA.  Note: we can't run any command to get any result on it.

>... Anybody having any advice before RMA.
  - Definitely looks like RMA , last hope methods could for instance be , full power cycle + factory reset , 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I tried to fully power cycle + Factory reset but the issue remains the same. The switch model is 9200l and software v.    17.03.04b. 

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/buy/product-returns-replacements-rma.html

M.

if it not booting in ROMMON mode then RMA is the only option.

jagdish.sharma
Level 1
Level 1

You can try to boot switch in rommon mode by pressing mode & power button. Then you can try to copy latest recommended IOS on switch if it helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card