cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9200L HSRP configuration

icbsheff2001
Level 1
Level 1

I am using a 9200L switch as a layer 3 device. I have configured a number of SVI's which are up and working. IP routing is working fine OSPF routes are being advertised OK. My problem is i am unable to configure the SVI's to use HSRP. 

Under the SVI I am unable to use the standby command it is not within the list. Has anyone else come across this issue and if so how was it resolved?.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

@icbsheff2001 wrote:

My problem is i am unable to configure the SVI's to use HSRP. 

Under the SVI I am unable to use the standby command it is not within the list. Has anyone else come across this issue and if so how was it resolved?.

Conf t

feature hsrp
interface Vlanx
hsrp xx
preempt
priority xx
ipx.x.x.x

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hello

@icbsheff2001 wrote:

My problem is i am unable to configure the SVI's to use HSRP. 

Conf t

feature hsrp
interface Vlanx
hsrp xx
preempt
priority xx
ipx.x.x.x

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately the switch does not recognise the feature command.

TestCISSW01(config-if)#feature hsrp
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

I am guessing you only have Network Essentials license?  You need Network Advantage license for HSRP according to this link.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9200-series-switches/nb-06-cat9200-ser-data-sheet-cte-en.html

Try enabling NA (license boot level network-advantage), and see if it appears.  I have just tried on a 9200L I have access to and see the same behaviour - i.e. no 'standby' command under the SVI, however OSPF is available for routed access.

ClemDel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, i have this problem too but there are an "smart license" on my 9200L device, not an Essential or Advantage license. Someone can tell me how it works for that kind of license? (i'm only the stagiaire on my society)

Thank you

- You simply need the correct license.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

ClemDel
Level 1
Level 1

I thought that "smart license" was a kind of license just like Essential or Advantage license. I saw our licenses and we have "smart" essential license.

My problem is solved, thx

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card