Views
Helpful
Replies

9300-48P PoE issue?

mattM26
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We ordered a bunch of 9300 switches for our IDFs and we installed one the other day and as we were about to migrate everyone over to it we noticed that the PoE isn't working. all new phones, APs, etc don't come up when plugging into the 9300, so for troubleshooting we unplugged the power cables and re-seated the PSUs and it seems like the devices come up as long as they're plugged in upon boot, but, new devices we plug in don't seem topower up. Another odd thing is if i run show power inline after a fresh boot with the devices plugged in, when i unplug the device it still thinks there's something plugged in, but show ip int brief shows down/down.

Non-PoE devices such as workstations and printers seem to work just fine. All the new 9300 switches are on the same version and working fine but only having problems with this one switch.

Any assistance with this? or pretty much need to RMA this one? 

Thank you!

7 Replies 7

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Since all the other ones are working fine, and you are having issues with one, I would go ahead, open a ticket with TAC and RMA it.

HTH

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We have seen this sort of behaviour on switches running IOS-XE.  

What IOS-XE version is the stack running on?

This one is 17.03.03, which is odd all the other 5 or so switches i deployed were fine jsut this one, I went ahead and opened a TAC case just incase.

Does the stack have any DOM optics?

Stephen.Mize
Level 1
Level 1

What was your resolution?

nicolas.vallot
Level 1
Level 1

We had the exact same issue today after upgrading a stack of 3 catalyst 9300 switches to iOS-xe 17.6.4

Did Cisco TAC found a solution or was the switch RMA’d ?

@nicolas.vallot wrote:
We had the exact same issue today after upgrading a stack of 3 catalyst 9300 switches to iOS-xe 17.6.4

What is the exact model of the switch?  Are they 24H/48H?

If the switches are 24H/48H then this could be due to CSCwe22958 (CSCwe54104, CSCwe60763).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: