cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9300 and 9500 config files

Jeff Horton
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry to have to ask but can someone send the basic config file for a Cisco 9300 and a Cisco 9500.. Doesn't matter how many ports on each. I have to write sample configuration files for each and we have not received the 9300 or 9500 in stock yet. I don't need anyone's actual config but just a basic file. Or can someone tell me if it is similar to a Cisco 3850 switch?

Your help is much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jeff Horton
Level 1
Level 1
I was able to get what I needed from another source... I am good now..

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Its easy to provide basic config,. but it hard to say it work for your environment.

Depends where you installing the switch what service need to accomidate based on that, the config will be build and secure the switch same way.

yes in same way you configure 3850, Cat 9300 and Cat 9500 ( cat 9500 have advanced features )

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Not planning anything extravagant. Network will consist of two 9500 24 port (Layer 2) and three 9300 24 port (one Layer 3 and 2 Layer 2)... going to use macsec and vrf technology on them with some type of routing protocol. Haven't determined that yet.

This where difference, VRF, MACSEC other features not basic configuration, its requirement for your environment.

Have you done any HLD diagram how they are connecting, what device connect where. what VLAN information / what IP address schema you going to use.

start with that information and build advanced features.

BB

BB, I understand all what your saying but in order to get to this and need to start with the basic configuration of a the new 9300/9500 switches. This file would be when you boot the system and say no to the configuration helper (if the new switches still come this way), and do a write memory.. The result after the write memory is what I am looking for. If I can't get a copy then I will just start with a basic 3850 config file..

At this stage we do not know the requirement, i can only offer below guide to start with :

https://www.niap-ccevs.org/MMO/Product/st_vid10864-agd.pdf

BB

Jeff Horton
Level 1
Level 1
I was able to get what I needed from another source... I am good now..
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card