Here is my dilemma, we have a Cisco 9300 that has some phones connected to it and folks complained about phone issues. We enabled QoS. Because these phones are not Cisco phones we used auto qos trust.
Folks complained again that there were issues. The Mitel and Poly phones we are using use COS 5 and DSCP 46 which is pretty much standard from what I can tell and the auto qos trust includes policy-maps that apply to these values. Since they complained again I have change the auto qos to auto qos trust dscp to see if there would be any difference. I also ran the command:
sho policy-map int gi1/0/24 (one particular user that has complained) and it seems like the policy does not match any of the traffic:
After performing extensive research, capturing packets, watching voice traffic, etc. Turns out the Cisco policy is doing what it should be doing. Our issue turned out to be the ports the VoIP Provider is using. Some ports were not added to our policy in the firewall. This was causing some packets to go out a different WAN interfaces rather than the one identified for Voice Traffic. Because of this packets were being split between two WAN interfaces and it was causing our VoIP issues.
Once all of the ports were identified and we updated the policy, we have had no VoIP issues.