Views
Helpful
Replies

9300T Smart License Cluster

James Davies
Level 1
Level 1

This is the Cisco link for License Reservation:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst_slr/b-169-9000-series-SLR-cg/b-169-9000-series-SLR-cg_chapter_00.html#task_c5k_ksp_42b

Problem is this,. I built a stack and put them into Production, and now I have to apply the License, no problem generating a token and getting the Auth Code from the Smart License site.. Problem is, there are 2 switches in the stack, and you cannot generate another code for the other stack member, therefore my stack is showing as not authorised. Have contacted Cisco but they are a bit useless!

I dont have the option to break the stack at the moment, and noone seems to have a solution

Thanks

1 Reply 1

lucasfreitas83
Level 1
Level 1

Hello James,

For documentation you need same software version and license type, please, check this requeriments.

• A different number of licenses might be consumed depending on the configuration of the Cisco device such as with Catalyst switches running in StackWise or StackWise Virtual:

Traditional Stack-wise Supported Switches (e.g. Catalyst 9300 series):

Network License: 1 license is consumed per switch in the stack

DNA License: 1 license is consumed per switch in the stack

Modular Chassis (e.g. Catalyst 9400 series):

Network License: 1 license is consumed per supervisor in the chassis

DNA License: 1 license is consumed per chassis

Fixed Stack-wise Virtual Supported Switches (e.g. Catalyst 9500 series):

Network License: 1 license is consumed per switch in the stack

DNA License: 1 license is consumed per switch in the stack

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-9500-series-switches/214484-cisco-smart-licensing-troubleshooting.html

Please rate and mark posts accordingly if you have found any of the information provided useful.
It will hopefully assist others with similar issues in the future.

Best regards,
Lucas Freitas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card