Views
Helpful
Replies

93180 Interface/Port Link Failure

corey.burden
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to connect two 93180 switches.  However, when I connect the sfp into the switch the amber light on the interface goes out.  When I connect the fibers to the sfp, the switches will not establish a link.  I defaulted the interface and have a basic config 
switchport
switchport mode trunk
no shut
For some reason the switches refuse to see any signal.  I'm using a QSFP adaptor with a 10G SFP SR LC modules on both switches.  Using MM fiber. 
When I do a show interface transceiver the switch recognizes the SFP.  I see the laser power and current are within spec when I use detail.  I've tried reversing the fiber connectors.   I've tried new modules, QSFP's, and fibers and they all do the same.  There have been rare occurrences where the link will blink green but then immediately dies again. 

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations that I could try or if you have had similar issues?

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

It appears you have done everything possible to troubleshot this issue. Can you also try to add the speed command under the interface ad test again?

Is this the adapter you are using?

https://www.fs.com/products/72582.html?currency=USD&paid=google_shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQiA_rfvBRCPARIsANlV66PKJc8uJmGxc7BZTaNd0p4uaeaAgWkizeYxwTgw_Jyj6YOtZMr03-AaAna8EALw_wcB

HTH

After looking at the adapters closer it appears we have the wrong adapter.  Our Cisco box has Mellanox qsfp adaptors in them so it looks like someone has put our Cisco models somewhere else.  I have to see if we can find them.  Thanks for this link

If you can't find the correct optic, I have had good luck with fs.com product in the past, as not all 3rd party product work well with Cisco switches.

HTH

Hello,

what exact model of the 93180 do you have, the YC-EX, YC-FX, or the LC-EX ?

Check the compatibility matrix linked below to make sure your SFPs are supported...

https://tmgmatrix.cisco.com/

Thanks. I think we have the wrong qsfp module.  The box label and the actual module are different (Cisco and Mellanox).

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card