Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AAA authentication with Privilege access

I have Enabled AAA authentication by below commands and after that successfully logged in on " user exec mode ". the problem is that still i am entering different password for "privilege mode" is it possible to use same password on " privilege mode "  if a user has access on privilege level 5 then he can use same password rather than has different password to enter in privilege mode. 

1- username testing password testing

2- AAA new-model

3- aaa authentication login default local

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

@concept-trainer.com wrote:

I have Enabled AAA authentication by below commands and after that successfully logged in on " user exec mode ". the problem is that still i am entering different password for "privilege mode" is it possible to use same password on " privilege mode "  if a user has access on privilege level 5 then he can use same password rather than has different password to enter in privilege mode. 

2- AAA new-model

username xxxx privilege 15 secret xxxxx
username yyyy  secret yyyy

enable secret zzzzz

aaa new-modal
aaa authentication login default local
aaa authorization exec default local if-authenticated

user xxxx - will be authenticated as priv 15 level no need to enter enable password
user yyyy - will be required to enter enable password to gain access

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hello,

not sure what you mean exactly but if your user is logged in as a privilege 5 user, and you want to use the same password to get into exec mode, you would need to configure the same enable password:

aaa new-model
!
!
username admin privilege 5 password 0 cisco
!
enable password 0 cisco
!
line vty 0 4
login authentication default
transport input all

Hi,

I accessed my router via telnet with username "cisco" and password "cisco"

after that enable 15 with password "testing" i want to use same credentials with enable 15 as used above.

currently i have two different password one for telnet and second one for enable 15 level which need to resolve by above requirement.

need to know how it can be done.

Regards, 

Hello

You cannot have the same username with different privileges access if thats what your asking

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hello

@concept-trainer.com wrote:

2- AAA new-model

username xxxx privilege 15 secret xxxxx
username yyyy  secret yyyy

enable secret zzzzz

aaa new-modal
aaa authorization exec default local if-authenticated

user xxxx - will be authenticated as priv 15 level no need to enter enable password
user yyyy - will be required to enter enable password to gain access

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,

this is the correct commands which has resolved my issue thanks for your help and support as now same password is being used for line vty and privilege mode login.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Noor.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card