cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Port config shortcuts

Nicholas Hood
Level 1
Level 1

I was curious on how some of you guys set up your access ports say on a 48 port switch and if you use any shortcut methods. We usually stack our 48 port switches and can have 10-12 in a stack with ascending port descriptions 101-a, 101-b and so on. Right now I just do an interface range command and enter my port configs but then I have to go back to each individual port and enter in the description. W/O having to go in a text doc and write it all out and then copy and paste, are there any other methods to do a nice clean port config with descriptions? I heard someone mention pivot tables or something from excel... not sure what they meant.

3 Replies 3

vman1976nj
Level 1
Level 1

If I had to do 10-12 switches I'd probably write a perl script to output the config to text file, than copy and paste the contents of the text file back in the switch. Not sure if you're familiar with scripting so this may not be an option.

Yeah not to familiar with scripting but it does sound like something I might want to look into. Thanks for the tip!

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You can use smartport macro feature of the Cisco IOS to get it done.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_44_se/configuration/guide/swmacro.html

HTH, Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card