Views
Helpful
Replies

Access switches compatible with Cisco DNA

craig5258
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,

We need to fit out a new building with at least 17 access switches but that will be before we've implemented Cisco DNA (could be 6-12 months). I have downloaded the list of DNA Supported devices from Cisco.com but can these switches be configured in the traditional way via CLI/IOS commands and then added to DNA Center in the future? Any differences at all?

We generally use WS-C2960X-48FPD-L for the access layer and need something identical but with future compatibility with DNA.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution
5 Replies 5

Mark Malone
Mentor
Mentor

Hi

9200s replace 2ks , 9300 replace 3ks and then you have the modular switches like 94,95,9600s replacing 4ks and 6k series

all 9ks are DNA capable , all down to the license you purchase

older 3ks are also DNA capable too and 4ks , havent checked 2ks as haven't purchased them recently

and yes there cli switches ,no difference than the earlier models , running same IOS-XE images ,unified

Thanks for the reply.

Looking at the 9200 series - the C9200L-48T-4X-E looks good and comes in at a similar price. But the datasheet says 'Get a simple web UI or Cisco DNA Center provisioning'... no mention of CLI. I'm getting scary flashbacks of Cisco Small Business switches... but I'm sure they have come on a lot since then.

there cli , there catalyst switches not SMB , there running IOS-XE same as 3850s 4ks etc , we use the 9200s for MGMT switches , there cli i configured them :)
ive never used a GUI with any catalyst switches i only use cli unless its not available

Perfect - thanks very much.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers