Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE 20 modules in 6509

Mudasir Abbas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I am going to use ACE 20 service modules for load balancing. To be honest I don't know them ( Kind of design question)I am not getting in my head that where should I install these modules and who should be the gateway for the load balanced servers. And how technically it load balances in VSS enviroment.

Need help. & Please share link or document where I can find design and implementation guide.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Mudasir Abbas

6 Replies 6

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

mudasirabbas wrote:

Hi Experts,

I am going to use ACE 20 service modules for load balancing. To be honest I don't know them ( Kind of design question)I am not getting in my head that where should I install these modules and who should be the gateway for the load balanced servers. And how technically it load balances in VSS enviroment.

Need help. & Please share link or document where I can find design and implementation guide.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Mudasir Abbas

Mudasir

Start with this design document which covers the use of service modules in the data centre and the different options you have in their deployment -

Network services srnd

Jon

Thank you very much jon

Thanks & Regards,

Mudasir Abbas

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Mudasir,

in addition to SRND suggested by Jon there is this document describing service modules in a VSS pair and possible traffic flows

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9336/products_tech_note09186a0080a7c72b.shtml

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks giuslar

Thanks & Regards,

Mudasir Abbas

Mudasir Abbas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!!!

Does anyone have configuration example for ACE 20 on 6509 ?

Regards

HI Mudasir,

This is strictly my personnel opinion.  I would not use ACE in a VSS environment.  ACE is not easy to work with and not very easy to configure and in my opinion not a very solid product.  In addition, there are not that many Cisco SEs who know ACE really well  So adding ACE to VSS will create additional complexity you don't need. One other thing, I have not seen a whole a lot documentation/examples referencing ACE in VSS.

HTH

Reza

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: