cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS5.x is locked after several wrong password entered

eigrpy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi ACS(try ver) is locked after wrong password. Now we can log onto the ACS by console(vmware), but cannot log onto web page of it. When we do so, the page show "This page is not available". How long it needs to wait for logging on? Do we have another way to log onto it? Thank you

8 Replies 8

Aditya Ganjoo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you check the status of the services on the ACS using the command sh app status acs ?

Can you check the status of :

Process 'management'  Is it in the running state ?

If not then you can stop/start the process using the following command:

acs stop  management

acs start  management

Keep me posted with the results.

Regards,

Aditya

Please rate helpful posts.

Thank you so much for your reply. Command "sh app status acs" shows that all processes are running. Now we can access the ACS page. It always show username and password are invalid after entering username and password. Can we recover the password through command line? I can access the ACS via command line. It looks like that page password is different with command line, right? 

Hi,

What is the ACS version you are running ?

Please share the output of show disks.

Regards,

Aditya

Please rate helpful posts.

Just found your new reply. It is ACS 5.1. Please see picture, and my previous post which I just reedited as I had not seen your second reply post

Please share the output of show disks as well.

Regards

Aditya

My bad, you have attached the capture file and it seems the disks have sufficient space.

Di you try changing browsers as well ?

Now browsers have accessed the ACS, but the problem is that the password is invalid. Can we change/recover the password via command line as I can access the ACS via command line? Thank you

Hi

Yes that's just a single command on the CLI.

Acs reset-paasword

Regards

Aditya

please rate helpful posts and mark correct answers

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card