cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding MDS devices into Prime - MDS 9132

bberry
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone tried to add MDS switches into Prime? We currently run Prime 3.1 and just finished installing our new MDS 9132 switches. When I added them into Prime I get an unsupported device under device type but go get completed status for last inventory collection. This mean that the system will do things such as config and IOS backups but just cannot manage? Just trying to figure out how fully this would be under prime compared to my other devices.

Thanks ...

Brent

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

TAC actually went in with a special query and discovered a device that had this IP address even though it was shut down and not configured other than the IP address. Removed it from that device config, resynced the device and was able to add the new device as normal. Tech said there was a feature request to modify things with at least the device information where the duplicate was discovered when adding a new device and you receive the message.

Brent

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check support status for your devices from this link (make sure you know the full-model name) :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/cloud-systems-management/prime-infrastructure/products-device-support-tables-list.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks .. Can find nothing in any of the supported device lists for the MDS switches. Tried the sh inventory list of DS-C9132T-K9 as well as different key words such as Fiber and MDS or DS. Guess will just be an odd ball for now.

Brent

TAC actually went in with a special query and discovered a device that had this IP address even though it was shut down and not configured other than the IP address. Removed it from that device config, resynced the device and was able to add the new device as normal. Tech said there was a feature request to modify things with at least the device information where the duplicate was discovered when adding a new device and you receive the message.

Brent

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card