cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding WS-X6408A-GBIC module in 6506

corecycle
Level 1
Level 1

Currently 6506 switch has modules (Sup2, WS-F6K-PFC2, WS-X6408A-GBIC and WS-F6K-MSFC2)

I will add WS-X6408A-GBIC module in 6506 cisco catalyst switch. Currently 6506 has Sup2 engine, WS-X6408A-GBIC module and MSFC. Current Sup2 engine CAT OS version is Sw : 7.5(1).

Do I need to upgrade the cisco CAT OS version as per software advisor requires or not necessary to upgrade the OS version.

2 Replies 2

amikat
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

To my knowledge you can add another WS-X6408A-GBIC module to your current configuration and it will run O.K. with your CatOS release. But there is Cisco Security Advisory regarding 7.5(1) CatOS version (please see the link beneath) and as such I would strongly recommend to upgrade:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/products_security_advisory09186a00801747e9.shtml

Best regards,

Antonin

Hi,

OS upgrade is required.

Also upgrade to the latest release, so that the latest will have fixes for most of the bugs.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Somu

Rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: