cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AirPrint / Bonjour Traffic Not Flowing on Cisco 3560 Switches

coolguy982
Level 1
Level 1

We are in the process of rolling out iPads to our offices.  As part of this implementation, we need to print from the iPads to our network printers.  Our network printers are mostly HP and Xerox and do not have native Apple AirPrint capabilities.  As such, we have been using the FingerPrint software to share out the network printers as Apple AirPrint printers.  We have a mixture of switches at our offices.  Most offices utilize a 3550 PoE switch.  In these offices the AirPrint traffic is being transferred successfully and everything works great. In the offices which are using 3560 PoE switches, the traffic is never seen at the iPads.  We are using EnGenius EAP300 access points connected into the Cisco switches to provide wireless access to the iPads. Both 3550 and 3560 switches are running iOS 12.2(25). 

Any idea what might be stopping/blocking the AirPrint traffic on the 3560 switches?  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

3 Replies 3

ALIAOF_
Level 6
Level 6

Your 3550 are they runnint L3 and do they have multicast enabled vs the 3560's? Getting Bonjour to work really good in an enterprise environment is a total pain I had to deal with that and it consumed lot of time.  You can also look into settingup a bonjour gateway here are couple of links that might be helpful:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_tech_note09186a0080bb1d7c.shtml

http://info.aerohive.com/Free-Bonjour-Gateway-Info.html?source=website

Thanks for the reply.  Can you tell me the commands to check to see whether L3 is running or if multicast is enabled?  I can't seem to find a clear answer to this.

Hi Scott,

It would be much easier if you post here 3550 and 3560 switches configuration.

Hope it will help.

Best regards,
Abzal

Best regards,
Abzal
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card