Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect to inside interface

Mokhalil82
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

We have a guest wifi whose SVI terminates on the firewall. I have enabled anyconnect on the inside interface so that I can connect using anyconnect from the inside where the SVI is on a switch. 

But I cannot connect if I am on my guest WIFI. So on the guest wifi my traffic hits the SVI on the ASA, then I would expect it to just to the connected interface Inside, but keep getting connection failed.

I have checked access rules to allow on the guest svi to the inside ip, and also on the inside out.

When doing the packet trace I get the following result:

Input Interface: Guest

Output Interface: NP Identity Ifc

Info : No route to host

But I see the inside interface as connected so should not expect a route to it?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You have to use the IP of the guest interface in AnyConnect in this situation.

And webvpn has to be enabled on the guest interface.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi,

Can you try this "same−security−traffic permit intra−interface" ?

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

You have to use the IP of the guest interface in AnyConnect in this situation.

And webvpn has to be enabled on the guest interface.

I have already got "same−security−traffic permit intra−interface"enabled. Did not think about enabling webvpn on the guest interface so hoping it is as simple as that.

I will try this on Monday. Thanks

"same−security−traffic permit intra−interface" will not hurt, but is not needed for this situation.

That worked a treat, thankyou

Andy ideas on how I can get internet access when connected to anyconnect via my guest WIFI, if I connect to anyconnect from the inside, the internet works, if I connect to my guest ssid the internet works, if i connect to my guest ssid and then connect to anyconnect, the internet does not work

Do you have split tunnel when connect to the VPN on guest? And, do you have DNS on the split tunnel?

This can be DNS problem.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card