cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect was not able to establish a connection to the specified secure gateway

alon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm using Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Ver. 4.5.02033 on macOS High Sierra 10.13.2. 
While trying to connect I'm getting the following message: The VPN client failed to establish a connection.

In the message history I'm seeing:

19/01/2018

11:21:14    Contacting myaccess.oraclevpn.com.

11:21:23    User credentials entered.

11:21:24    Establishing VPN session...

11:21:24    The AnyConnect Downloader is performing update checks...

11:21:24    Checking for profile updates...

11:21:24    Checking for customization updates...

11:21:24    Performing any required updates...

11:21:24    The AnyConnect Downloader updates have been completed.

11:21:24    Establishing VPN session...

11:21:24    Establishing VPN - Initiating connection...

11:21:25    Disconnect in progress, please wait...

11:21:25    Ready to connect.

11:21:25    Connection attempt has failed.

11:21:26    Ready to connect.

Please advice , as retries don't help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Could you please share the configuration omitting sensitive information, I would like to see how it is configured.

Thank you in advance. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Hi

Could you please share the configuration omitting sensitive information, I would like to see how it is configured.

Thank you in advance. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Pls explain how to get the required configuration.

Hi
I seem to be having this "on" again "off" again problem with my anyconnect. Sometimes uninstalling it and reinstalling it fixes the issue, but just for a few days than the problem starts again.. Can you please help me get a permanent fix .

You have adopted an old thread and annexed your problem to it. But there is no evidence that you really have the same problem. It might have been better to have started a new discussion. But your question is here, so we will deal with it.

You have given us nothing to work with other than the assertion that sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. We do not know what version of the client you are using. We do not know if you are connecting to a single head end or to multiples ones. We do not know what kind of vpn head end it is. We do not have any messages from the client illustrating what is happening. We do not have any log messages from the head end showing what was going on at the time. If you give us information to work with then perhaps we can provide helpful answers.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

hi,

how it has been solved the issue ?

Thank you in advance

I think we would require the configs to see how you have configured it. This will help us figure out where you going wrong.

Kind Regards
Jean-Pierre Roux

Kevin_W
Level 1
Level 1

Hi alon,

did you make the first basic checks:

- DNS resolution of your AnyConnect VPN destination (via nslookup or ping)?

- Using another network (e.g. guest wifi or mobile hotspot)

- Check whether you are not connected directly/indirectly with the VPN destination

Best regards,

Kevin

Hi,

- DNS resolution of your AnyConnect VPN destination (via nslookup or ping)?

ping is working - without any issue

- Using another network (e.g. guest wifi or mobile hotspot)

I tried mobile hotspot - not working

- Check whether you are not connected directly/indirectly with the VPN destination

I'm not...

We do not know if the VPN head end is an ASA (most common) or is an IOS router. Knowing that would be helpful.

The messages posted look like things are normal on the client. So it is likely that the issue is something on the VPN headend. I would suggest having someone check the logs on the VPN head end immediately after you have attempted a connection and see if there are log messages that might identify what is causing your VPN to not establish its connection. You might ask someone to use the command show vpn-sessiondb and check to make sure that it has not reached the max number of sessions.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card