cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Are Cisco small bussiness and Cisco 2960 switches vlans compatible?

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

Hi all,

In our company we decided to use our spare SB switches for new vlan in IT dept..

Current network consist of several 2960S switches. I set up trunks between our core 2960 stack and the SB SG300-28, trunking is allowed for all vlans.

Show int trunk command gave me status that the new interface is trunking, but vlans on SB switch does not work.

Spanning tree is MSTP, VTP is disabled.

Is there possibility that the switches are incompatible? Maybe i was doing something wrong, but between other 2960s everything working perfectly.

---

Posted by WebUser Martin Marek from Cisco Support Community App

4 Replies 4

daniel.dib
Level 7
Level 7

Have you checked this configuration guide?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/csbms/sf30x_sg30x/administration_guide/78-19308-01.pdf

Have you created the relevant VLANs and setup trunking? Is the 2960 running MSTP as well?

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149
CCDE #20160011

Please rate helpful posts.

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

Thank you for your reply. I checked the guide now and I have everything set up correctly. 2960 running MSTP as well. Strange thing I noticed in show int for the 2960s trunking port, it gave me "unknown protocol drops" error. I dont know what that mean.

---

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

I created relevant vlans manually and there are assigned to ports. Trunking is set up.

---

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco