Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA-SM console access from 6509

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Dears,

I was on  15.1 and I upgrade to 15.5 on 6509 after upgrading all my modules came up ASA-SM, NAM, etc,etc, but when I try to console the ASA-SM by session switch 1  slot command it gave me below error, when I revert back to the old IOS s2t54-ipservicesk9-mz.SPA.151-2.SY11.bin it worked for me fine. Do we have any bug for accessing the ASA-SM from the switch console for this IOS. s2t54-ipservicesk9-mz.SPA.155-1.SY1.bin.

here are the configs of the swithch.

SW(config-line)#do sh run | b line con 0
line con 0
 exec-timeout 5 0
 login authentication no-auth
 transport preferred telnet
 transport output all
line aux 0
line vty 0 3
 exec-timeout 5 0
 transport input all
 transport output all
line vty 4
 exec-timeout 5 0
 transport input none
line vty 5 15
 exec-timeout 5 0
 transport input none
!

SW#session switch 1 slot 7 processor 1
The default escape character is Ctrl-^, then x.
You can also type 'exit' at the remote prompt to end the session
Connections to that host not permitted from this terminal

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

You may be hitting the CSCvi57667 bug (Not able to session ASA module from SUP2T - Connections to that host not permitted from this terminal).

Best regards,

Antonin

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Dear Experts

Awaiting your replies. Has anybody came across to this situation.

thanks

Dear experts

No hints or ideas from any body.

thanks

Hello,

check if your VTY lines have 'transport output all' or at least 'transport output telnet' configured:

line vty 0 4

transport output telnet/all

Dears,

I have kept all open still it is not,

thanks

Dears

Any more hints from experts??

thanks

Hi,

You may be hitting the CSCvi57667 bug (Not able to session ASA module from SUP2T - Connections to that host not permitted from this terminal).

Best regards,

Antonin

thanks for the reply,

but I don't see any fixed version available for download 15.5(1)IA1.657

Hi,

If this is vital issue you can open a case with Cisco TAC and ask for the fixed version.

Alternatively you can try to use the "service-module session switch 1 slot 7" command instead to get vty access to the ASA-SM.

Best regards,

Antonin

Dear

I tried but no luck, I will wait for the new release becz it is not affecting the production.

thanks

Thanks Amikat,

+5 for sharing the BUG ID, but I want to know how did you reach to the BUG ID , becz in release notes I don't see any open caveats for this release nor for the 15.4 which also affected  by this BUG.

thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

I have used Cisco Bug Search Tool (bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/).

My experience is that the release notes do not list all bugs . And of course there are also bugs you cannot find via the Tool. I hope this does not sound too hopeless. 

Best regards,

Antonin. 

Dear

when I enter the IOS name and the product the BUG is not displayed but the keyword Connections to that host not permitted from this terminal ' when I used it displays for me, I want to know what keyword you used to search.

Thanks

Hi,

I am sorry to say that I do not remember exactly how I have found this bug originally. However you can find it easily as follows:

Open the Cisco Bug Search Tool and just put "session slot processor" into the "Search For" input leaving all the other lines blank. The search output should yield around 30 bugs including the one in question.

Best regards,

Antonin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card