cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5510 management port issue

pfdrinstr1
Level 1
Level 1

the management port is 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0 by default and dhcp running with it. I need to change this port to anything else and then have dhcp running with that mangement port. becuase my inside interface needs to be set to 192.168.1.1 255.255.0.0 can anyone help me. I inherited this network and trying to work with what I have and the ASA is replacing an old pix 506e.

My current setup if this helps:

tw router to pix606e (Gateway) to my hp switch

All the servers are 192.168.1.1xx 255.255.0.0 and my PDC is running dhcp to clients 192.168.2.xxx 255.255.0.0

If this was a new buisness I would reconfigure from scratch but can not. Any help I appreciate.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

martin_knorre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Donney,

connect you PC to the ASA with a serial cable, issue your credentials and go to configure terminal...

then go to interface management 0 --> set the ip address to one that fits to you.

then go to your inside interface and assign the ip address 192.168.1.1 x.x.x.x

And if you want to configure DHCP for the Management Int so connect your PC set an statical IP address and connect via ASDM, its easier ;-)

If you need further information contact me

RGDS Martin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are to change your management interface ip address, then I assume that you will be accessing the ASA via console connection.

Can you please share your current ASA configuration so we can suggest the exact command that you will need to configure?

And also what subnet and ip address do you want to change your management interface to?

martin_knorre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Donney,

connect you PC to the ASA with a serial cable, issue your credentials and go to configure terminal...

then go to interface management 0 --> set the ip address to one that fits to you.

then go to your inside interface and assign the ip address 192.168.1.1 x.x.x.x

And if you want to configure DHCP for the Management Int so connect your PC set an statical IP address and connect via ASDM, its easier ;-)

If you need further information contact me

RGDS Martin

Thank both of you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card