cancel
Announcements

Cisco Community Designated VIP Class of 2020

Views
Helpful
Replies
Cisco Employee

There is no stack-power

There is no stack-power support on 2960X.

Thanks,

Roopa

Community Manager

Why is it adviced by Cisco

Why is it advised by Cisco not to use the switch with the uplink as stack master?­

If you found this post helpful, please let the community know by clicking the helpful button!
By doing so, and until end of January, you are helping Doctors Without Borders
Cisco Employee

There is no such restriction

There is no such restriction , not to use it. It is just possibly because if there is a master fail over, connectivity to the rest of the network would be lost. If you have redundant links, this should be fine to use the master uplink too.

Thanks,

Roopa

Community Manager

What are the compatible USB

What are the compatible USB that can be plugged on the 2960x usb slot (some of my usb key does not work in production)?­

If you found this post helpful, please let the community know by clicking the helpful button!
Cisco Employee

Cisco Supported USB devices

Cisco Supported USB devices works in 2960x usb slot from 256 MB to 8GB

Community Manager

Is there any restriction

Is there any restriction concerning automatic IOS update on a stack?­

Cisco Employee

There is no restriction. We

There is no restriction. We would need to use a tar image for Auto upgrade.

Thanks,

Roopa

Community Manager

When a master is lost, is the

When a master is lost, is the process of election the same?­

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Process of election is same,

Process of election is same, when a master is lost, member switch with highest priority, if the priority is same, switch with lowest mac address is elected as master

Beginner

What is the best practice too

What is the best practice tool for real environment ....Packet tracer or GNS3.....?

is there any future availability for Cisco Packet tracer for real environment practice...

Beginner

We are upgrading to 2960 XRs.

We are upgrading to 2960 XRs.

How many power supplies do we need for a 4 stack?

I think 2 on the top unit and 1 each on the other 3?

3 stack would be the same, 2 on the top unit and 1 each on the other 2?

Thanks,

Bill

Cisco Employee

Hi,

Hi,

There is no restriction of power supplies for a stack, Stack can operate with all switches having single power supply, but if you want for a redundancy purpose, you can have two power supplies.

Thanks,

Prabha

Beginner

Re: Ask the Expert: Catalyst 2960-X and 2960-XR Switches Overview, Configuration, and Troubleshooting

Hi Cisco Experts,

I have a problem, I am about to deploy 4 new Cisco 2960-X 24 Ports +POE but my 2 switch are encountering intermittent connection due to uplink / trunk ports facing core switch are experiencing auto-reset. I hope somebody can help me / enlighten me why is it only the 2 switches are experiencing auto-reset on trunk port(s) while the other 2 are okay, knowing that they all have the same configurations and using the same Lan connection to Core switch.

Best Regards,

Harley Acha

Cisco Employee

Re: Ask the Expert: Catalyst 2960-X and 2960-XR Switches Overview, Configuration, and Troubleshooting

Not sure which image you are using on the 2960X. Can you please load 15.2(2)E8 and check if you see the issue? I think it is a known issue.

Thanks,

Roopa

Beginner

Can you tell me if the 2960-X can be configured for NAT

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad