Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Asking is it my Cisco 891 router support wireless or not

Hi masters,

I have these 891 routers and I wonder do they have a Dot11 wireless or not?

I issued a command show ip interface brief the result is here:

R1#show ip int br
Interface                  IP-Address      OK? Method Status                Protocol
Async1                     unassigned      YES unset  down                  down
FastEthernet0              unassigned      YES unset  down                  down
FastEthernet1              unassigned      YES unset  down                  down
FastEthernet2              unassigned      YES unset  down                  down
FastEthernet3              unassigned      YES unset  down                  down
FastEthernet4              unassigned      YES unset  down                  down
FastEthernet5              unassigned      YES unset  down                  down
FastEthernet6              unassigned      YES unset  down                  down
FastEthernet7              unassigned      YES unset  up                    up  
FastEthernet8              unassigned      YES unset  administratively down down
GigabitEthernet0           unassigned      YES unset  down                  down
Vlan1                      10.10.10.1      YES NVRAM  up                    up

There nothing show like Dot11Radio0 on the list. It means there is none wireless interface.

But why in my front-case there are LEDs that have label 2.4 GHZ WLAN and 5 GHZ WLAN?

1. Do my router support wireless or not?

2. If the router support wireless, what I am missing to be able to configure my wireless Dot11 radio interface?

Thanks a lot!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Can you share the output of

show inventory

We need to know the exact model to see if it supports radio

C891F-K9

Cisco 891F Gigabit Ethernet security router with SFP

C891-24X/K9

Cisco 891 Gigabit Ethernet security router with SFP and 24-ports Ethernet Switch

C891FW-A-K9

Cisco 891F Gigabit Ethernet security router with SFP and Dual Radio 802.11n Wifi for FCC -A domain

C891FW-E-K9

Cisco 891F Gigabit Ethernet security router with SFP and Dual Radio 802.11n Wifi for ETSI -E domain

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Can you share the output of

show inventory

We need to know the exact model to see if it supports radio

C891F-K9

Cisco 891F Gigabit Ethernet security router with SFP

C891-24X/K9

Cisco 891 Gigabit Ethernet security router with SFP and 24-ports Ethernet Switch

C891FW-A-K9

Cisco 891F Gigabit Ethernet security router with SFP and Dual Radio 802.11n Wifi for FCC -A domain

C891FW-E-K9

Cisco 891F Gigabit Ethernet security router with SFP and Dual Radio 802.11n Wifi for ETSI -E domain

Hello,

This is my show inventory output Sir.

R1#show inventory
NAME: "891", DESCR: "891 chassis, Hw Serial#: FGL183720XW, Hw Revision: 1.0"
PID: CISCO891-K9       , VID: V02, SN: FGL183720XW

Hi,

Sorry

PID: CISCO891-K9

As you can see there is no "W" in your router PID so it can support Wireless

Regards

Alex

Oh I understand now. Ok, thanks for the advice! Never mind I can go with cables.

Does the C891F-K9 support Wireless and SFP? I need a router for my home office. My Internet termination is a SC for fiber. I haven't bought the router

Hello,

both the 891F and the 897VA have an SFP port, and support wireless. Check Table 2 in the document linked below:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/800-series-routers/data_sheet_c78-519930.html

Thank you so much, the 2Ghz and 5Ghz threw me off as well. My one is not wireless after I looked at the inventory. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: