Views
Helpful
Replies

authentication issue 5596 Nexus switch

xine xine
Level 1
Level 1

Hi !

I'm trying to authenticate from Solwarwinds application to our Nexus 5596 switch.  I'm always getting the following error message :

2017 Jun  2 14:35:35 SWITCH_HOSTNAME %AUTHPRIV-3-SYSTEM_MSG: pam_aaa:Authentication failed from Solarwinds_IP - sshd[23978]
2017 Jun  2 14:35:37 SWITCH_HOSTNAME %AUTHPRIV-3-SYSTEM_MSG: pam_aaa:Authentication failed from Solarwinds_IP - sshd[23979]

To getting and make sure that is no ACL in place to bloc me, I RDP to Solarwind server to initiate SSH connection to the same using same credential...  And I successfully been authenticate and connected.

I don't want to delete the switch node in the Solarwind configuration to avoid loosing all history we have on this device in Solarwinds.  But I like to now if any debug command can help me to trouble shoot the SSH process of the connection.  I have the feeling the SSH certificate been cached in the Solarwinds software in past and had been regenerated for some reason.

Up to now the "debug aaa all"  didn't help me much.....  the command to not return anything when I'm trying from Solarwind software, or the command do not debug the authentication process but only authorisation and accounting....  When I'm try using putty through SSH I'm getting all debug messages after successful or failed authentication attempt.

Anyone has idea ?

1 Reply 1

dperezoquendo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

What version of NX-OS are you running? This may be a result of a bug. Refer to: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCtz32293/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card