Views
Helpful
Replies

Autoqos or Qos on Catalyst 6500 Vss

mcusine
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have one VSS with two 6500, to these VSS I have  a lot of 2975 connected using MEC, in the 2975 are voip with autos qos configured.

In the VSS  I configured the Qos in trust mode in the MEC interfaces to the 2975.

What is the recomended configuration for a VSS that have the routing of the network and process voip traffic?.

Thanks in advance,

Mauricio

3 Replies 3

Lei Tian
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mauricio,

There is no special qos requirement for VSS. You can follow the same qos recommendation for 6500 on the SRND doc.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/WAN_and_MAN/QoS_SRND/QoSDesign.html

Regards,

Lei Tian

Hi Lei Tai,

Thanks very much for your answer.

I have read de document and saw that in the ios catalyst 720 supervisor the Qos is applyed in the hardware base. You can change the qos type in the interfaces configuration. There is no global configuration?. Only activate mls qos?.

There is a default qoa policy depend of the interface, its' possible to activate per all interface port in the line cards?.

Thanks and best regards,

Mauricio

Hi Mauricio,

That is correct. You need to enable qos globally, and you can configure the cos-dscp map, marking, policing if needed. However, the queueing is happened on the line card, and the queueing structure is different per line card.

Each type of line card has its own qos capability and default setting. On same line card, you might be able to use different queue setting for ports in different port-group (ports map to same ASIC), but you cannot use different queue setting for ports within same port-group.

HTH,

Lei Tian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card