Views
Helpful
Replies

Avaya IP phone Registration

sameermunj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have cisco 4506 chassis with 48 port ethernet card installed in the chassis.when i connect the Ip phone to switch the regitration is not happening.The configuration is the same what we generally used for cisco ip phones,happening but for few phones registration is not happening.

interface GigabitEthernet 2/x

description User seg

switchport

switchport access vlan 171

switchport mode access

switchport voice vlan 271

mls qos vlan-based

spanning-tree portfast

when i was going through the threads on lan switching i saw similar subject with Avaya ip phone registration issue.is any special configuration required for the same to work at switch side or at phone side.

please confirm..

5 Replies 5

the-lebowski
Level 4
Level 4

Not sure what you mean by registration?  Are the phones getting IP addresses?  If they are, are they getting them via DHCP?  Have you configured the i ip phone options for that specific scope?

Are they any working phones in your environment?

Hi

The phones are not getting the ip from dhcp server..

Ok.

Does anything get an IP from that same switch?  IE A laptop or workstation?  IF not then DHCP is not configured correctly.

Can you post a scrubbed config of your switch?

Hi

After configuring the vlan id in the avaya phone,the phone started getting ip address from the dhcp server.

Regards

Good to hear, Did you add the L2Q options to the DHCP scope in question?

Good read here:    http://www.avayausers.com/showthread.php?p=53383

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: