Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup tool for switches and ASA?

Andy White
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

Is there a free tool that can backup my configs on a scheduled basis?  I've been using Solarwinds Kiwi Cattools and we have hit a bug which they are looking into, in the meantime I was wondering if there is another tool I could use to backup the configs via a schedule?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

pjmonline
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if you can schedule it but I use the cisco network assistant and has a backup and restore feature that can make backups of 1 or all switches in your network.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

darren.g
Level 5
Level 5

Andy White wrote:

Hello,

Is there a free tool that can backup my configs on a scheduled basis?  I've been using Solarwinds Kiwi Cattools and we have hit a bug which they are looking into, in the meantime I was wondering if there is another tool I could use to backup the configs via a schedule?

Thanks

I used a free product in the past called "JFFNMS" - it's a core Network Monitoring System, but part of it is scheduled backups of configurations.

http://www.jffnms.org/

I know it worked on switches running IOS and PIX firewalls - never tried it on an ASA, but they're similar enough to the PIX that they should work. Don;t know about switches running CatOS.

Note that it *is* an NMS, so it's just just something you can run on your workstation.

Cheers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card