Views
Helpful
Replies

Basic Network Config - Not Working

ACE_9
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a basic set up that does not seem to be working as expected. 

this is all physical set up which consist of:

Cisco Router - 1900

Switch - 2960-X

2 Win 10 Machines 

Set up:

Router 1 - Fast0/0 - Ip 24.17.2.1 /24

PC 1 - 24.17.2.3 / 24 / DG 24.17.2.1

PC 2 - 24.17.2.4 / 24 / DG 24.17.2.1

On the switch i have put all the interfaces on Vlan 22.

Each host can ping the router but they cannot ping the switch (Vlan 22) or each other.

Can anyone shed some light on what the issue is.
Thanks.

A

19 Replies 19

For the 3rd time, can the router ping the hosts ? 

If no then you have something on the PCs blocking it, could be anti virus etc. 

Jon

Hi Jon,

Sorry about that. The router cant ping the hosts, but they both can ping it.

I will check the firewall settings again but i checked the ICMP which was fine.

Thanks,

A

Hello,

since both your PCs are in the same VLAN, the router isn't even involved when it comes to being able to ping each other. Maybe it indeed is a good idea to erase the entire config and start from scratch. Or connect both PCs to different ports which are in the default Vlan (1), and check if at least then they can ping each other. If not, it is very likely that the PCs themselves are the culprit...

@Georg Pauwen 

@Georg Pauwen wrote:

The only thing I can think of is to delete interface Vlan 1 from the switch (no interface vlan 1), that is the only difference between your and my setup...

Not possible cannot delete vlan 1 never been able to

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hello

I would suggest for testing purposes disable the software FW altogether on the hosts just to make sure this isn't negating icmp as Jon mentioned. 

Also your configuration from your OP looks fine as such you DONT need to change anything on the switch in relation to any access port becoming trunk its not required as its all a flat layer 2 network.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card