Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello Friends,I have a Cisco 6509 switch running Version 12.2(33)SXI7 configured aaa new-model.I have 2 tacacs+ servers configured for authentication.When I test the authentication using the "test aaa" command it works fine and the authentication res...

Can we use BPDU guard and BPDU filter command on same switch port along with port-fast as BPDU guard error-disables the port and BPDU filter drops the incoming BPDUs on port so here two action would happen simultaneouslyplease explain.

knaik99 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

if a series is end of life do this mean that the particular switch/routers also fall under eol,for Eg. Cisco announces the end-of-sale and end-of-life dates for the Cisco Nexus 7000 and 7700 F2-Series Enhanced 48-Port Fiber 1 and 10 Gigabit Ethernet ...

Audit by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi!I did ask this quetion before but did not get an answer to the problem, and now i am trying again!I got many users complaining that they are loosing the connection very often.The same port is going up and down many times and it is not about one sw...

Moudar by VIP
  • 20 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I ordered a L3 Catalyst 3550 switch from ebay, plugged it in and was greated with these errorsIOS Version 12.1(14)EA1A00:32:48: %ILPOWER-3-CONTROLLER_ERR: Controller error, Controller number 5: accessing failed00:32:51: ***Err: I2C_do_transaction fai...

sahr by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,We have two C9200-24P with two different IOS XE versions: 17.3.3 and 16.12.7.On each switch we have connected un PoE equipment SimonsVoss .On the same condition, same configuraton, on the 16.12.7 version these devices work well, on the 17.3.3 v...

Hello Engineers,  I am arguing with psvt+ protocol. Our company using two different switch (Cisco, ExtremeNetworks) and most of switches are Cisco's.Switches are enabled pvst as a default for the Cisco switches. Yesterday there was a loop issue, I no...

loop.PNG
eeebbunee by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I am in a process of upgrading old cisco catalyst cisco WS-C4503-E (MPC8572). Existing Code           :  cat4500e-universalk9.SPA.03.02.00.SG.150-2.SG.binnew proposed Code :  cat4500e-universalk9.SPA.03.08.08.E.152-4.E8.binI dont have access  ...

Hi Everyone, We have new C9300-48U in our environment and we are looking to upgrade these switches to new releases as we have also discovered vulnerabilities with the current IOSXE. as of this writing the switch image version is   Base from the infor...

c9300_image_version.PNG
bbb bbb by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes