Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! DNS on Cisco 877

How to configure Local IP(Router IP)address , gateway address for PC's to work as a DNS on PC's to access internet rather then using ISP DNS.

mmubarak by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, I just wanted to see if this is even possible. I have a 3750 switch as the main switch at each of my outlying sites. They connect to the core via 100Mbs fiber, at the Core is a 4507 switch. On the 3750 I have 4 vlans, Guest, manageme...

blittrell by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,i need to setup a 1812 with the following configuration:- fastethernet 1 e 2 trunk with vlan 10,20,30,40- fastethernet 3 with vlan 10 in access mode and Priority 3- fastethernet 4 with vlan 20 in access mode and priority 4- fastethernet 5 with...

d.rocco by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I have a doubt with respect to the QoS design. Assume that i have a an server farm.The network is like this:-Edge----MSFC----FWSM----ACE---Server FarmThe maximum priority should be for all server farm traffic. I have marked the packets at the ...

I have just assigned a new interface vlan:interface Vlan208 ip address 192.168.208.18 255.255.255.240But the problem is when I dosh ip route 192.168.208.16I get % Network not in tableWhat is the problem?

Hi to all the experts here, I am learning the Frame Relay basic theoretically. Just wanna know, packets are assembled at router, transmit through indicated PVC. At the FRP, does the individual packets re-assembled again to meet IPX packet? What does ...

evanevios by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a question that I figured I would pose to the forum... I am trying to use VLAN mapping and VLAN filtering on a 6509 applied to a VLAN. On the VLAN map I am referring to an ACL that I created. This ACL uses numerous lines permiting and denying...

pciaccio by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiFollowing is the output of sh ver of cisco 2621 router. There is two place saying about the memory---cisco 2621 (MPC860) processor (revision 0x600) with 53248K/12288K bytes of memory.---another ---32K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.what...

Ok,I have a 3745 router that is connected to a 3750 l3 switch. I noticed today that the address that I'm wanting to move to a L3 SVI is the primary address on BOTH devices: 192.168.1.2 (3745) and 192.168.1.5 (3750).My initial thought is that once I r...

Can someone help me out setting up QOS on 2960 in a LAN network. Our network doesn't have VOICE traffic but it does have other traffic which needs priority.

abeid by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm getting numerous "BPDU_SKEWING" for all 64 VLANs on a core 6509. I had the 6509 set as the root bridge for all VLANs, so in an attempt to correct the skewing, I configured the distribution switch in each VLAN as the root bridge. This made no dif...

drhague by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Although the BPDU & Bridge ID are both used in ROOT SWITCH SELECTION(BPDU) & ROOT BRIDGE SELECTION(BRIDGE ID).Are they the same and if not why not i.e whats the similarity & differences between bpdu & bridge ID and root/switch selection?Also BPDU onl...

aqusingh7 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All,If I create a L3 SVI, and assign an access port to that VLAN, then anyone within that L3 switch should STILL be able to see those devices in that vlan because the switch is in routing mode. Correct?Now, what happens to hosts that are on L2 switch...