Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have 802.1x authenticating back to an ACS server with MAC authentication bypass configured for a voice VLAN port. I also have a guest VLAN configured on the port, however when I disable the certificate authentication on a Windows XP host and plug ...

redray8 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all when a router routes a packet to another router via an interface on the same subnet, does it use ARP here to find out the mac of the other router, and also in this case as its on the same network, is the packet switched at layer 2 ?

switch is CatIOS 12.2x I have a vlan on a 6509 that someone made a Vlan layer3 that should be layer 2. What is the most simple method to fix this.1) no interface vlan xx That deletes the L3 interface2) go into the L3 inteface and give it a "no ip a...

dmooreami by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I am a complete noob on the subject of Cisco switches. I have WS-C3560-48TS-S switch. Someone preconfigured ports 1-48 to be in vlan 172. I want to change some of the ports to be in vlan 192. (This vlan already exists.) And I don't want to goof ...

ksakrunner by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi AllI am using a C2950-24 as a bit of practice for the CCNA exams, a snag I hit is that I can create multiple VLANs but when I enable one with the no shutdown command and previously enabled VLAN goes down.Does anyone know if this is a limitation wi...

twhittle1 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've seen some configs showing the use of subinterfaces to perform vlan routing. If I am using a layer 3 switch, is it a safe practice to create a vlan interface and put an IP on it?I guess I don't understand the difference between the two. On a la...

Hello I have an RPS 2300 connected to the front of a 3825 router. When the main power (internal power supply) of the 3825, it stays on after switching to the RPS 2300 power, but if the internal power supply of the 3825 gets its power back, it does no...

Our company is setting up a temporary IPX network for Novell. The clients will either be DOS IPX clients or Windows clients with gateway services. These clients will reside on Cisco-3550-switch-a. A Novell server will reside on Cisco- 3550-switch-b. ...

msrohman by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I have a problem customizing logo in the 7911 phone and CCM 6. I read documentation "Cisco Unified IP Phone 7906G and 7911G Administration Guide for Cisco Unified CallManager 6.0 (SCCP and SIP)", I have configured the List.xml file as it expl...

sruizpla by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I currently have two seprate switches connected via separate Fas interfaces to the same router. I am planning to replace the current router with a new 3800 router and use the same Gig interface to connecet both separate switches (segments) by creatin...

skhirbash by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

CDP, VTP and numerous other services ride on Vlan 1 by default. If I create a new "management" vlan and put an IP address on that vlan, how do those previously mentioned services communicate with each other?Is there a "default vlan #" command that w...