Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HelloI have a 3560 switch and there is a WLAN AP connected.Port is configured as below.interface FastEthernet0/43 description * WLAN * switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport trunk native vlan 5 switchport trunk allowed vlan 5,10,15 switchpor...

Hello Everyone !!!I have one query on vlan ACLlike I have three vlansvlan 5 (5.5.5.1 255.255.255.0)vlan 10 (10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0) servervlan 15 (15.15.15.1 255.255.255.0)Now I want to give access to host from vlan 5 and 15 to access vlan 10 serve...

Please can someone help me here I am having trouble pinging between two vlans I have one 3640 L3 switch and two pc connected to it one is in vlan 2 and one is in vlan 3 and vlan2 machine connected to int fas0/2 and vlan machine connected to int fas0/...

Is their a way to run the dubug command to see what is happening on a specific sequence number within and ACL?So for example if I have:Extended IP access list 101301 permit udp any eq ntp host 10.251.1.1 (12 matches)310 permit udp host 10.214.1.2 hos...

Hi!I have Cisco 7600 router, switching traffic between two physical port and SVI interface for example.Both physical ports in 'mls qos vlan-based' state.Next I configured acl, class-map and policy-map:ip access-list standard ACL_test permit anyclass-...

mkachalin by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Some machines in my vlan are not working and other are okay. I already remove and readded vlan to main switch. The VTP server is update and the client also. Other vlans are working properly. PLEASE, HELP!!!!

My application requires the ability to issue a single command to switch VLAN assignments on the fly. Do any switches support this? It seems like all that I've seen use a menu-driven interface when using either of these communication methods.For examp...

nolapaulc by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When a 64 byte 802.1q tagged Ethernet framed is received over a trunk port on a L2/L3 6509 and is routed/forwarded to an untagged access port the 802.1q tag is reduced and frame size reduced by 4 bytes. Should the 6509 switch be adding the additional...

admin by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are attempting to use VACLs to forward traffic for inspection to a NIDS solution. We would like to preserve the VLAN tags as the NIDS uses this as part of its policy. The question is does VACL support forwarding VLAN tags as well?Kind regards