Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi All, Please could someone assist with the following ? I have been provided with a set up for a network where I manage where we have 2 sites with a subnet on each 10.201.0.0/16 and 10.202.0.0/16, connected with a P2P link. The network at the moment...

Resolved! NEAT and Cisco ISE

Hello, I'm trying to setup up NEAT with Cisco ISE, this is my scenario: ISE version 2.4 patch 5, TLS 1.0 and 1.1 disabledAuthenticator SW: 4500 running 03.09.00.ESupplicant SW: 2960CX running 15.2(4)E2 How can I change the TLS version on my supplican...

I am looking for a way to enforce password complexity on the local passwords (not TACACAS/ACS/RADIUS) on a router or a swtich. i.e. enable password, username/password and so on require uppercase,lowercase,numeric, non-alphanumeric.... The requirement...

Hi,My 7609 router has 2 no of sup720.But only one is active,the other one is not in redundant state.Says it is disabled.I connected the console to the second SUP720 , but it is in rommon mode.How can I go forward.It is in a live environment so I have...

Hey guys,  Default trunk encapsulation is isl upon 2900 switches. My question is this...  If I have existing active trunk ports that are utilising the default isl encapsulation, but I want to uplink to a new, additional device utilising dot1q and so ...

mattipler by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Flash Memory size

Hi Everybody,Does anybody knows why the show version never display a memory size that corresponds to the real size of memory. Typically, you are buying 64 Mb or 512 Mb meormy size. Why does the show ver gives value like 655536K (sector size 512) or 6...

Steph1963 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! 3850 vs 9300

Hi All,i need to do a hardware refresh on my company. currently we have 3750. so my option is either to go with 3850 or 9300. off course 9300 is a better option over 3850. but when i got the quote from our local reseller i was extremely surprised to ...

reashad by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have two questions the first is: After a port has became a trunk port is there any way to see if that port was originally set to dynamic desirable, dynamic auto, or just trunk? I am using the sh spanning-tree detail command to identify trunk ports....

I have created two VLANs(as shown in images)respectively to two switches, Switch1 has VLAN 10 and Switch2 has VLAN 30,the switches are directly connected, my question is that how the two different VLAN's are communicating without the help of layer3 d...

Hello All im experiencing a problem with some computers dropping IP the addresswith a release / renew the computer is getting a new ip from the dhcp server and after 5 minutes just goes down and doenst repond any more  in the arp table is shown as in...

Hi all, I'm experiencing an issue with a WS-C3850-24S switch where a small percentage of packets are dropping from the output queues in about half of the trunks. I've done some research and found that it can be caused by an ingress interface that off...

Otaku78 by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes