Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

hi everybodyModule WS-X6748-GE-TX has ranges port group: 1–12, 13–24, 25–36, 37–48Did I understand correctly, that one range e.g 1–12 belong one ASIC, therefore oversobscription 1:12?

unfraget by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I just added a AAA tacacs server group to a switch. I made sure to take turns disabling tacacs on both servers one at a time so that I could see that each server was responding as respected to tacacs requests from the switch. I have noticed since goi...

Hello,We would like to buy Nexus 93108TC-FX, which seems to support BGP full route (1.7M in LPM, right ?) for a small edge routing usecase. I'm unable to understand the licensing : Must I buy a license in addition to the hardware ? Is there a "base" ...

Hello There,Although I am under the impression that catalyst 9K series doesn't support FLEX link, if someone knows otherwise, please correct me. Also, if my impression is correct, is there any alternate for FLEX link on Cat 9Ks? Or RSTP is the way to...

Taandav21 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good Day All, We got donated some cisco 9500 catayst switches and i need some software similar to cisco network assistant to manage the devices with a little mapping of devices in it . Any suggestions guys free and paid 

Djoseph12 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello. I have SVI vlan 500 on L3 switch configured as point-to-point link. I get this vlan 500 through trunk. Through this vlan I accept remote network 10.180.100.0/24. I tried to setup access-list on SVI vlan 500 to access only few servers. For exam...

Vitalii by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys, I've have not done much configuration and never did wifi at all. So I wanted to to get the abc's of configurations guest wifi on a switch. We have multiple locations so at other locations we have a VLAN99 assigned for guest wifi, but I dont ...

momarm by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,  Can you please provide me some information about the MIB or OID to get the packets per second on interfaces.  I am using Cisco ASR1002-X device. According this "Show Interfaces" command I see packets for every 5 minute interval.  Example : 5 ...

Vamshidar by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am looking at configuring QOS on a Catalyst 9500 which will be our core switch. I am following the Cisco Catalst 9000 Series QoS Design which I have also attached. In the document it seems to say that if you are trusting the DSCP markings you need ...

CANMORMON by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I realize this has been dealt with several times and i have reviewed every article and researched this until its causing sleepless nights but i can't even get them to talk to each other. Granted, I'm a rookie and thought i could figure this out but ...

bsurfsd by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, Recently, we conducted an network-wide audit scan.  Most of the results of this audit were easy to figure out; however, one switch in particular - a WS-C2960S-48FPS-L running IOS 12.2(55r)SE - was found to have several certificate errors that see...

Hello Everyone ,  I am looking for a suggestion and if you could confirm few points that I am going to mention I have a network infrastructure that spread over many sites , those sites are connected by MPLS Network " Hub & Spoke "  . The current loca...