Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello Guys Need your help putting this to work.Currently i have 3 location with the same specific vender networks with router-Firewall(DMZ)-L3(whith HSRP)-L2SwitchesThe board decided that we should have all locations connected together. They hire an ...

Capture.PNG
JIMYSPEED by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I've upgraded switches many times before but it's been a while. I have a few old Cisco 2960s to remotely upgrade. I've used the TFTP server to upload the current bin file to it as a backup before I put the new one on, but I get this: From the ...

tftpsw1.PNG tftpsw2.PNG tftpsw3.PNG

Hello, I have recently rolled our some 2960-X switches where we replaced the 'config.text' file on the flash of the switch we were replacing it with. However, I have come to do the same with a Catalyst 3650 and the switch doesn't take the configurati...

Hi I know we can stack 2960X with different number of ports. Bu t does it work for every model ?   I mean can I stack :   - 1 48LPD-L with 1 24PS-L - 1 48LPS-L with 1 24PS-L - 1 48LPS-L with 1 48LPD-L   I can't find a doc where the compatibility is s...

Good day, comrades. There is a configuration shown below and there is a problem with port-channel balancing (LACP). LACP is well assembled, it handles emergency situations, but sends traffic from 6509 to N5k using only one link, while N5k sends traff...

Hello, let's say I have a VLAN 500 and it spans across multiple switches via trunks.  Let's say that my core switch is my root bridge.  I go to a random switch where vlan 500 is configured/used and with the command, show spanning tree detail,  I can ...

Amafsha1 by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Community,I am receiving slowness and performance issues when typing in my SSH session on my Cisco Catalyst 2960X-48TS-L Switch. I am hoping I get some assistance on running some commands and/or debugs to check the overall health of the applian...

nathant by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,i have a little problem maybe somone can help me.i have set the last Vlan 1 defaul port to forbidden via web interface, so my switch sg300 is unreachable.So i connect to the switch witch a console cable and would set one port to the default vla...

Daniel87 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is the custom VLAN on layer 2 switch only work when the same VLAN ID already setup in the router?My C2960x has 1 interface direct connected to a router interface. I set this switch port to trunk mode. And set Vlan 1 to has a IP address. This configur...

j9678 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a brand new C9300-48UXM-E.  I am following these directions:Connecting to the SwitchBefore you beginThe bootup script runs the configuration wizard, which prompts you for basic configuration input: (Would you like to enter the initial configur...

bdgarcia by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes