Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Goo day,I have a scenario and an access lsit. I would like to get feedback if I'm doing it right before applying to live environment.192.168.0.0/24 : client net192.168.1.0/24: server net 1192.168.2.0/24: server net 2now here are the rules:1) clients ...

I did not add a vty/telnet password when I initially configured my NME-X-23ES-1G switch in my 3825 router. Now, of course I can not telnet to the switch, but the session access fails as well. How do I recover this?Config in 3825:interface GigabitEt...

cbrun by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have to reserve space in a conference room for about a week that is shared by others not on the team.  The ports available in that room can only be used by the people occupying that space from our team, so we'd like to restrict those ports to thos...

I have following scenario with vPC and HSRP (version 1) configuration.     I am seeing very strange issue, my host configured for bond + vlan and my bonding mode is active-backup, I have only VLAN 100 configured for HSRP, I am seeing my host not abl...

Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 11.24.06 PM.png

HelloI have an old cisco 1801 (P/N "341-0135-02") laying around and I thought it would be useful to power my new ip cameras with it instead of buying a new PoE switch.the problem is I'm not sure if it supports PoE. (it is written that PoE is optional...

photo_2019-06-11_23-40-05.jpg photo_2019-06-11_23-41-06.jpg

"In the distribution layer, uplinks from all access layer devices are aggregated, or come together" , can someone clarify to me what does come together means? what i understand by aggregating is all access switches traffic will be forwarded to the di...

xZamalek by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am using Cisco 2960S as an access switch, and Cisco 3850 is Core switch. There are two 2960s switch, connected both with trunk. one of the machine connected to 1st 2960S switch and machine is able to obtain the VLAN -10 DHCP info and able to access...

Hello, I have configured Cisco 2960 Switch as per requirement. I have tested both Line VTY & Console access was working after entering correct credentials. but after because of change in device naming conventions i got request to change "hostname" of...

kisaw by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have configured two vlans vlan 42 and vlan 56and vlan 42 is communicating with vlan 56but i want to configure vlan 56 should not comminicate vlan 42

ramakanth by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card