Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello all, We've recently developed a logging message on our 4510. Threshold_violation: T7/2: Rx Power Low alarm; Operating Value: -40.0 dBm, Threshold Value: -31.5 dBm   We have plenty of fiber tools to check this that are calibrated. We are even th...

If you've got a 1 gigabit switch with individual gigabit ports, 1 gigabit network cards, Cat 6 and Cat 7 cables over a very short distance (10m) but the router is a 1 megabit; are you bound to the speed of the megabit or gigabit? DHCP is being used. ...

Long story short, we are cleaning up, optimizing and introducing new QoS policies within our WAN. We are a large enterprise, with a mainly Cisco UC VOIP environment, however we have some one offs that are Avaya.   The original class map was: class-ma...

Hello,   I have a new switch that doesn't have the latest version of firmware.  When I try to add it to my stack it forces the existing switch to re-boot.  Questions   1.  How do I prevent this from hapening?   2.  What is the easiest way to update t...

Hello all,   I am trying to set up 3 VLANs with these conditions applied; VLAN 2 can communicate with VLAN 3  VLAN 3 can communicate with VLAN 4  VLAN 2 and VLAN 4 cannot communicate.   Network address for the three VLANs VLAN 2: 192.168.2.0/26  VLAN...

Hi all,   Just some very straight forward questions,  hope gurus here can shed some light   1) show int - output queue -> this is the hardware queue (tx-ring)  or this is the software queue ? if I see drop, this means it is definitely congested ?   2...

SJ K by Level 5
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! ISR-4331 reboots

Hello team,   Please assist. I have bought a cisco ISR 4331/k9 and it keeps rebooting every day atleast once. I can't really find anything on the logs and I am about to download the Crashinfo log. Below are the logs if you can see something I cant.  ...

Hi folks,   Here is the situation, my company is using WS-C3650-48TS as the core switch. Currently it connect with 16 client switch (HP V1910), 2 uplink to firewall (HA) and 2 uplink (EtherChannel) with 3560G-24TS which connect to about 10 servers wi...

annowong by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,  I am Chencha Rao, and I am a Network Engineer from Services oriented Company. I connected and configured like the scenario is ISP(ACT) to Firewall(Cyberoam 35iNG) to switch(cisco SG350).   From ISP to Firewall Port B configuration is ok. bec...

chrao119 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to block all access from the guest wireless to our internal network. The following is the ACL I've come up with so far for the guest SSID. I thought seq 1 and 2 would work - 1 allow clients to communicate with DHCP and 2 block access to all in...