Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have the next topology in a three floor bulding: I have an access switch per floor. Building is part of a main campus with another building. The other building have the same topology. The L3 distribution switches of each building are linked to two...

building topology.JPG
pep87 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys We are looking for a way to re-route our switch inter vlan traffic through our firewall so we can apply some filtering. We are using our switches set with vrrp as gateway for our clients - the problem is that we want to do packet inspection a...

Chris_78 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have DAI running on 3 x 3560s in a remote WAN office, this is the topology:WAN > Cisco router > SW1 (DHCP server ) > Etherchannel to SW2 > Trunk to SW3I had to reboot SW3 today to update the IOS and after rebooting no one could connect and I ...

Andy White by Level 3
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I know these compact switches can do many things, I finally unloaded enough old tech to pay for 75% of my new switch, rest I will pay off in next 3 weeks, since I have to budget. That said I grabbed up one of the Multigig compact models WS-3560CX-8XP...

D. STM by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a question regarding best practice when it comes to using BGP and EIGRP for dynamic routing.  We are building a new infrastructure.  We have a Home office and branches that connect back to the home office via AVPN.  I am currently building the...

Hi,   I'm trying to  decide whether to replace   1941/K9 router with Layer 3 3850 switch. I am very familiar with 3850 but do not know much about 1941/K9. Currently some sites of mine are running 1941/K9 routers. I was thinking of replacing 1941/K9 r...

Hello,   We have a Cisco 3750 and 2 trunks to 2 more switches.  I can get on the 3750 fine but can't ping the 2 switches.  The trunks are up and they show up in "Show CDP nei" but with no IP info.   The native vlan looks ok too and we can connect to ...

Gonzo1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear all,         i am going through mac access-list, while PERMIT  the mac-adress of source host it is asking me 48-bit SOURCE MAC ADDRESS MASK.   1-what is concept of source mac-address mask? 2-we have difference host from different vendors like ci...

B@B@r by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes