Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! BPDU guard and vPC

Hi everyone,Does anybody know what happens to existing servers connected via vPC or to the vPC domain itself when configuring BPDU guard globally on a pair of Nexus 5548 vPC peers, assuming inter-switch links are configured as type network or default...

Feds by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Routing table

Hello team, people, internet guys,   I need a bit of help understanding something. There is a switch, lets name it SW-1-1   which has some vlans layer 3 and some static routes. My problem is the following.   1st. the Static route 0, leads to an unpig...

fotismark by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Virtual Switching System (VSS) is network system virtualization technology that pools multiple Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches into one virtual switch, increasing operational efficiency, boosting nonstop communications, and scaling system bandwid...

Hi all! I have a simple lab:   Configs are: R6: ip multicast-routing interface Loopback0 ip address 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.255 ip pim sparse-mode!interface Ethernet0/0 ip address 10.0.0.254 255.0.0.0 ip pim sparse-mode!interface Ethernet0/1 ip address ...

11.png
dukenuk96 by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Network A --- Router 1 --- Router 2 --- Router 3, Router4 (Router 3 and Router 4 are both connected to Router 2) My understanding: If network A is down, router 1 deletes the route to network A on the routing table and send poisoning packets to Router...

Basic I know but is driving me mad. Am writing configs in notepad then copy/pasting to new swicthes - after about 1/2 the config copies in (sucessfully) - I start to lose data in the copy process - is this to do with memory buffers somewhere ? (Dont ...

peter-net by Level 1
  • 24 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a contained environment where I just want my servers all to have the same time. I want them to pull that time from my 3750. What do I have to enable on the 3750 to be the NTP clock source.Keep in mind that the 3750 will not be getting the sou...

jfraasch by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes