Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Can anyone explain to me what congestion exactly is? I am really confused because some people call it as buffer overflow.PCA -- SW1 -- R1 -- R2 -- SW2 -- PCB -> In this case, how congestion could happen for TCP communication? If PCA has to send data ...

Good Afternoon, I am trying to get some assitance on determining theoretically the correct way STP will block the ports on a 4th switch in a simple network topology. I know the tie breaker rules just dont fully understand them for the bottom switch. ...

Capture.PNG

Hi!I have problems bringing up CLNS over ISIS on a GRE Tunnel!Router1 (R1) sees the CLNS Neighborship of Router2 (R2) but (R2) does not see (R1)!I do successfully run about 20 GRE Tunnels on R1 to different Routers. This new one is the first I experi...

pexx by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

in Chris Bryant's BCMSN book, it says:- if the current root bridge priority is greater than 24576, then our new root bridge priority is 24576-if the current root bridge priority is less than 24576, then our new root bridge priority is: priority(curre...

Resolved! Tdr Cable Test

Hi freiend, i need to test the cable status from cisco 2960 switch to connected device,in the pair c and d it shows shot. i need your suggestion weather i need to change the cable are not . below i attached the report tri-SW2#show cable-diagnostics t...

prince.p by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Cisco X3560

Hi guy.I'm using a switch cisco x3560, now it show this notification Error with power controller ,some device PoE does not active, can i fix that problem.Thanks all.That's important problem.

My understanding is that runts are fragments of packet collisions. Runts are anything under 64 bytes frame. If collision get detected after 512 bits, it is marked as late collision. Followings are my assumptions. Please corrects them if wrong :) Runt...

Hello Team,I am migrating an existing LAN from 3550 to 3750X-12S. In the existing configuation, I´ve got some trunkswith native VLAN <> 1. The native VLAN is also used for user data transport. With IOS 15.0(1)SE3 on3750X I recognized, that per defaul...

alf by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

L4(Assuming TCP) Header + L3 Header + L2 Header + CRC = 20 + 20 + 18 = 58 byte. Where are the rest of 6 byte coming from?I know that anything under 64 byte frame would be a runt. I am guessing that since runts are the fragments of packet collisions, ...

I was attempting to setup a new 3850 24T-L switch today.This is my first 3850 so I am trying to make sure the problem isn't me.Several attempts to use the "Express Setup Mode" feature have failed.When I put the switch in "Express Setup" the front pan...

fairchdm by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi all, i have anissue due to a possibile misconfig with load-balan in an lacp. my platform is asr9001 with ios-xr 5.3.3. this device is connected to a switch with two bundled lacp ports. the be interface + phy are configured this way: interface Bund...

Hello everyone! I have a very strange problem on my cisco 7604 with ws-x6724-sfp on board.The problem looks like some random traffic are discarding without any reason.For an example, in subnet 192.168.1.0/24 i can ping 192.168.1.1, but can't ping 192...

We have ISE V2.1.0.474 Patch 3. I guess we’re having problem with replication. When we look at VM, it is shown that primary node is used 280+ GB and Secondary (new) is used 72+ GB? It's a big difference, the primary is taking much more space than sec...

On IOS I would type: show mac address-table multicastAnd see mac tables entries for multicast addresses. Yet on the nexus 7000 version 6.1(2), I cannot - it throws an error. On the Nexus 5500 version 7.0(7)N1(1) the command returns output,as I woudl ...