Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello All, I would like to ask if there is any VRF limitation when talking about OSPF VRF-lite processes on the Cisco ISR 3945.  Let`s say I would need to have 50-60 OSPF processes, separate ones for each VRF where in each VRF would be present aroun...

replacing 3750's wih 3850s.   Previously had 4 ports in a port channel that formed a trunked uplink.   I also had a port that lead to a VM server which we treated as a trunked port so it could carry various vlans.  In duplicating that set up on the 3...

suelange by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've got a 3750X that I would like to rate limit backup traffic destined for a remote site. I've defined my source IP addresses using an ACL and class-map. The issue is that version 15.X doesn't seem to support the "shape average" commands. I've been...

CNM88 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, on one of my OSPFv3 routers,when I used prefix-suppresion, I have noticed all loopback interfaces were afeected with this command and their subnet were not advertised to OSPF neighbors: R4#show ospfv3 ipv4 interface loop0Loopback0 is up, line pro...

This is how I understood from ICND1.AD is only used to distinguish between two routes with the same length. Longest prefix always win.1) Longest match - Longest Prefix Matching Rule 2) AD   Please let me know if I am wrong :) 

I work at a college and we set up port security on all our switches on our network. We have all 3000 series switchs (mostly 3750 and 3560) connected by fiber to each building from our core (also 3750G). We run port security mainly to keep endusers fr...

Hi, I need quick configuration on qos marking i.e whatever the traffic is coming in  interface(any traffic) should mark with high prioty. please crorrect me: Ip access-list test permit any any class-map match-any test-class match access-group name te...

Resolved! DHCP Question

Hi EveryoneI have a question, my manager is letting me do some work on the routers and switches since I have been doing UC for the last 8 years. He gave me a simple task to set up a DHCP pool. I've logged into the router and I see that they currentl...

Some of the information is sensitive, so I will briefly describe the problem I am having. Below is an example of network topology:Router <-> Switch <-> Encryptor-><-Encryptor <-> SwitchCurrently, the network is running OSPF through IPSec tunneling. T...

Does anyone know how to configure Putty or the Cisco console such that HOME and END keys work properly when typing commands in a router via SSH or Telnet? I know you can use Ctrl-A and Ctrl-E but it would be nice if Home and End worked correctly.