Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello, I heard in STP topology When we enable fastport on trunk port then loop can be create.  My question is, How loop can be create? when we enable fastport then stp does not disable completely and still port can receive BPDUs then how loop can be ...

nnn_sss22 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Experts, i tried to configure SPAN on Nexus 9k. Nexus has 10G port and the destination device (my laptop has wireshark) is connecting with 1G port. I configured this on destination port: interface Ethernet1/15 description Node - 15 - Nic switch...

Hi, We have a scenario where R1 & R2 are connected with separate physical links (TelCo NLD) with 45 mbps & 100 mbps capacity. We have done iBGP sessions for each of the links both using say ASN 12345. We are publishing 2 X /24 pools using bgp over 10...

Hello, I'm having a problem with port forward for remote desktop. My Cisco 2801 is connected as 2cd router. FE0/0 is my wanand FE0/1 in my local. On main 1st router I have ports 3389 (for remote desktop)and 23 (for accessing the cisco) forward to cis...

I built a stack of two WS-C2960X-48TD-L and upgraded them to c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-2.E6.bin, which would get stuck during boot at some Point after loading the Image. Then I tried c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-4.E4.bin which worked for one of the swi...

admtkorte by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I knew this but totally got about this for a moment. I will very appreciate if you can remind me. If I look at the mac address table, the ports says 'Router' (BOLD). What does that mean? xx-2#sh ip arp 10.18.30.35Protocol Address Age (min) Har...

ohforce55 by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Help with an ACL

I have multiple subnets blocked out from 10.2.0.0/16 each subnet is a /24. I would like to block the 10.2.19.0/24 subnet from accessing all other subnets. How would I go about doing this, would I need to create an ACL with a line for each subnet, or ...

I have two networks that need to be able to pass multicast traffic. There is a network in between that will not participate in multicast. Is there a way for two nodes to forward multicast traffic over unicast between each other to accomplish this? I ...

tsarles by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, We are facing lot of apipa issues in our LAN network. Below are the details: 1.DHCP server is working fine. Other desktops/laptops are picking up valid IPs in the same VLAN. 2. DHCP is in different subnet. 3.Have checked configuration from s...