Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all, I'm currently trying to upgrade ios-xe a 4-member stack of 3650 devices.The documentation discusses different ios versions being compatible or incompatible with each other, and how each configuration affects the compatibility of the upgrade ...

Hi Guys, we are planning to upgrade IOS of 3750 switches. Currently we are running 12.2(55)SE10. Could you please let me know which is the next suitable IOS version to upgrade.

I am experiencing inconsistent echo-replay from devices connected via VPC to Nexus 5500s while pinging from the Nexus exec prompt.In some cases I receive normal response when pinging from one Nexus,  but no response when pinging from the other switch...

jsluzewski by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a RV320 running firmware version v1.2.1.14.  The router is configured to run in gateway mode using DHCP for the WAN address. _ get the IP address from Comcast. Everything is working fine, but I'd like to get the DHCP lease information. Problem...

Hi There, I am doing some research on the spanning-tree mechanism. I understood that the spanning-tree 802.1d can be used in combination of the RSTP 802.1w. When two switches are sending BPDU between each other they will use the legacy STP BPDU if o...

David VR by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Everyone ,I have an issue with  switch 2960S stackable with IOS 15.2(1)E1 as the whole network is down and i couldn't ssh the switch. After reboot i got the SSH and I checked the log and i found the following msg:  %AAA-3-ACCT_LOW_MEM_UID_FAIL...

Hi there, I want to remove FWSM and IDS modules from 6500.I will do in non-business day (maintenance day).But there is configuration related to both FWSM and IDS modules. Can I remove configs after shutting down chassis then physically removing modul...

Hi Until now, we had for each subnet an own PXE server. From now on, there should only be one PXE server serving all subnets. We changed all ip-helper addresses and tried to set the DHCP options (66/67) but we receive a TFTP-E32 Timeout. The ports ...

by Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Subnetting issues

Hello,  I had this exam simulated question:  1.If you take the network 192.168.1.0/24 and create four subnets from it, what are the new subnet IDs? A. 192.168.1.128 B. 192.168.1.32 C. 192.168.1.96 D. 192.168.1.64 E. 192.168.1.192 F. 192.168.1.0  Si...

Hi experts i am confused with 3 topics : 1. BGP Split horizon 2. BGP Syncronization 3. BGP loop prevention they all are inter related ? can someone explain plz ?

Resolved! OSPF packet

Hi Can someone explain me in simple networking terms ...where does OSPF packet fits in a typical IP packet ? and since 'OSPF LSA' carries prefix and other info..where does that fit in over all IP Packet concept ? Is there any encapsulation happening ...

I have a 4507R-E Switch with dual Sup 7L consoles that was recently updated to IOS XE 3.9.2E. After the upgrade and reloading the switch, the unit is misclassifying devices and the wrong macro runs. For example, we have a Cisco Phone plugged in on po...

kknuckles by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes