Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,  I'm working with a client who has 2 NX7Ks connected via vPC. Each NX7K has duel SUPs(SUP1). The current IOS on the two chassis is 5.2(3a) and I am planning on upgrading both of them to the 7.0 code. I've some questions regarding the best pro...

zekebashi by Level 4
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I want to apply an ACL to a couple of VLANs in my network of Catalyst 3750 switches (operating in layer 3 / IP routing mode).  One point on which I am not clear is whether I need to create and apply the ACL on each switch, or whether I can create it ...

hi everyone,  I m changing a PFSense router with a Cisco. And I m bit stuck with the configuration ( the NAT rules ). In the attachements you'll find the Pfsense NAT configuration table with the ACL used for that. Please help me translate it to CISCO...

haa by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Greetings, I am trying to configure an ME1200 right out of the box, and some of the most basic commands do not work. For instance when I type in show run I get an error message command not permitted. If I type a question mark I get the following: AC...

Hello I can ping ip 10.10.10.10 but can not ping ip 10.10.10.16 from internet router?! Jeddah#ping 10.10.10.10Type escape sequence to abort.Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 10.10.10.10, timeout is 2 seconds:!!!!!Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), r...

by Not applicable
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I'm looking at some diagrams and there are one portion of Tier 2 Network and another portion of Tier 3 Network. Tier 2 Network has L3 switch that is connected with F5, App servers, and firewall.  Tier 3 Network has another L3 switch that is conn...

ohforce55 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All, I am looking at setting up SNMP v3 traps on my routers and switches. What software is commonly used to collect (and notify) of the SNMP traps from Cisco devices? I cannot seem to find a clear cut answer, or someone saying, "This is the best SNM...

Hi, I have a 4 switch HSRP group with the following HRSP priorities configured on a VLAN.  All switches have a 180 second preempt delay configured. Switch 1 (Active) - Priority 140 Switch 2 (Standby) - Priority 130 Switch 3 (Listening) - Priority 1...

by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good day. How can I check LAG interfaces status changing via snmp ? What type of oids I can use for 1) checking joining / unjoining status of interfaces in LAG  2) checking time after last joining. 3) checking LAG mode on interface (lacp/pagp) 4) che...

hatterfix by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I was reading one of the slides from this year Cisco Live regarding VPC. One particular slide kinda confused me (attached). My understanding of setting up backup route path with VPC is: Use a dedicated L3 link between the two VPC peers for dynamic ro...

SIMMN by Spotlight
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,  I have two questions please, is it possible to advertise networks in BGP with only the 1 - is it possible to advertise networks in BGP with only the ip prefix-list or route-map WITHOUT redistribute or network command? 2 - if I configure BGP...

hi, after configuring MST one of the switches I am not sure why it was showing this when I inserted command "show spann vlan 10" Fa0/19              Mstr FWD 200000    128.21   P2p Bound(PVST) however MST was configured on this switch. when I shut...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card