Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

we have wan link with verizon, they always mention lambda and ring, our wan link has flapped twice this week, is this related to lambda, can any telco expert illustrate the relationship between lambda and flapping or what's the use of lambda? thanks

Mary by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

My initial question is how would you test ip directed-broadcast and no  ip directed-broadcast? We have a requirement (RSLinx) to enable ip directed-broadcast on some interfaces. From a networking point of view how would I conduct a before and after...

we have heartbeat switches in our NOC, may i know which kind of traffic is running in heartbeat switches, is it only admin traffic and no production traffic? how many number of heartbeat vlans we should have? if one of the heartbeat switch is down, w...

Mary by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm trying to figure out if the options in our dhcp pool are needed or not.  We have an NTP server command in our configuration but I'm just wondering if we even need these options in our pool.  Here is the configuration for one of our pools.  We do ...

sgalarza by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

First let's get the obvious out in the open. I am new to Cisco and even more dense apparently when it comes to wireless. I finally for the darn BVI to load and I upgraded the firmware to a lightweight version now knowing what it was. I can not figure...

Resolved! SYS-3-CPUHOG:

I am facing an issue with one of my router. Can you help me Please. You find bellow output takken from my router. %SYS-3-CPUHOG: Task is running for (2000)msecs, more than (2000)msecs (0/0),process = STILE PERIODIC TASK.-Traceback= 0x8AA9FD4z 0x8AAA...

Pierre2018 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, We have a requirement of 128 10G ports and the Nexus 56128 seems to be the best fit. The installation guide states that the ports can be configured for breakout in pairs for slots 1-8. Wanted to know/confirm - Is the base chassis considered as...

we are using the multicast pim sparse mode, I find the RP, but there are more than 20 network device in the multicast domain, so how how to trace who is the multicast source or the switch which connects to the multicast souce? thanks

Mary by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes