Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all, does the QSFP-40G-SR-S modul support breakout into 4 x 10Gig-mode on Nexus 5696Q? We should connect FEX-models N2248! Thx

b.lang by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I have been unable to find a succinct answer to this question so I thought I would ask on the official Cisco support forums. If two switches are trunked together with 802.1Q and the native VLAN is tagged on one side with "(config)#vlan dot1q...

I have switch that yesterday was down. After few hour i was able to connect it, and when I check the syslog messeges i didn't see anything about this problem. I checked the syslog on the switch that connected to it, and also there were not syslog mes...

Hi all,  I have this setup (the first picture) and i want to introduce redundancy (I am a just starting to gain experience on networking) because whenever one of the stack switches fails, failure of some services are experienced. So in order for it n...

Recently install 2 Nexus 9000 series with 2 each  QSFP-40G-SR-BD fiber module. We have a stacked 3750 switch which we want to up-link to from the two new nexus. The 3750 got the 1000BaseLX SFP module on it. I use an LC connector fiber patch lead to t...

I have 2 Cisco 881 I have created the a site to site vpn connection between them. the CCP interface indicates that the vpn is up and active, but I can't ping anything on the other network, even the routers can't ping each other. I think the issue mi...

jsandau by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I am having trouble understanding the direction in which the load-balancing algorithm is applied in a switching scenario. Consider two switches S1 and S2 connect together via a port-channel. S1 is on the left and S2 is on the right. On S1 if...

Configured two 5548 Nexus switches with VPC and a 4506 as an access switch with a port channel trunk uplink. All looks OK but when I fail one of the links from the 4506 connectivity is lost for 30 - 45 seconds. Almost like spanning tree re-converging...

chrihussey by VIP Alumni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello all, when creating a static route the next hop can be identified by an IP address, exit interface, or both. depending on which one is used a following route type will be created: Next-hop route - Only the next-hop IP address is specified. Di...