Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Power was shut off on this switch suddenly and this is now the only indication. I can do nothing with it.The challenge put before me is to prove that the sudden power loss was the cause of the demise of this switch.Is the switch recoverable?and if no...

hank01111 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does the WS-X6748-SFP come with an (A) option?  It should be the same as the WS-X6748-SFP but NON ROTATING? 

lucas by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, has anyone an idea how to reduce the boot time for a 2960-X switch stack. We have measured that they need more than 5 minutes to be up and running. This is very long if we have to replace or power a switch, and we are searching for possible solut...

Hi, guys,    I ran into a weird situation here:    From the gateway switch with interface vlan 500 and 501, I pinged one destination in vlan501 and vlan500 respectively. The results are as follows:====================switch#ping 3.27.113.230 repeat 5...

I am trying to figure out some information for the Cisco Series 800 Router.  I went through the manual but could not find any specfic information that i require. I am in search of password capabilities and levels of access for the router.  Further, I...

Hi team.I've checked the feature navigator and it says that this code supports both SSH v1 and v2 but it seems that it doesn't.SW11(config)#do sh ver | i IOSCisco IOS Software, C3560 Software (C3560-IPBASE-M), Version 12.2(50)SE5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (f...

We have "WS-SUP720-BASE 2 ports Supervisor Engine 720 Rev. 2.3" Can I configure VSS on SUP720 base supervisor. NAME: "5", DESCR: "WS-SUP720-BASE 2 ports Supervisor Engine 720 Rev. 2.3"PID: WS-SUP720-BASE    ,                     VID:    , SN: SAD0742...

Atasawar1 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey -we are doing a rip and replace at a site and one of the things we would like to get rid of is an old content switch. Haven't configured any SLB before and was looking for any info on configuring SLB on 3850, but haven't found any. Is it supporte...

Hello,This is not a Routing/Switching query but thought you would help me.I need to find out which DNS server is authenticating TACACS users when they try to logon to switches .. I can't find any attribute that tells about passed authentication users...

Chts by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I want to change my ip domain name in my switch from angle.com to angel.com, currently my show cdp neighbours shows all connected devices as xxxxxxx.angle.com.what needs to be considered before changing the domain.

I need to add interfaces to a production port-channel.  The problem is that I am at the 8 interface limit for the port-channel, and I have 6 interfaces assigned to the port-channel that were interfaces on blades that are no longer in the chassis.  I ...

cschaus by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes